Monday, May 08, 2006



Prolonged Death


One of the double deadlines I originally have today has been extended by a week. Got the news yesterday morning so at least I'd been able to go for my rehearsal + performance somewhat peacefully (I'm worryingly good in momentarily forgetting about problems until I am pressed to deal with them).

Didn't change the fact that my eyes are still drooping today because my colleague on that project brought up a last-minute problem Saturday midnight and we stayed up till dawn discussing over the phone... Didn't change the fact that my next deadline, which I've been putting off for the sake of today's deadline, is still on the 19th... So, glad for the deadline extension since heck, we need it badly, but the chain reaction also makes my plans go awry. Not that they are good plans to begin with (last-minute jobs, that's all they are).

Anyway, this kind of submission extension is definitely handy to have, so I'm just wondering what could be the reason for the conference organizers to decide it. Maybe if you're someone influential with tons of publications under your belt you can request for it? Would like to know so we can properly induce the situation in the future. Sure will be convenient, ah? =D

But until then, back to work, ye slacker. >_<


No comments: