Thursday, May 25, 2006



Glory Night


I am a squeaky fangirl.

(Yep, American Idol finale.)

Elliot was good with One. Sounds like his kind of song. I feel Mary J Blige was a little too sharp in that duet, though. Kinda the same as Katherine when singing with Meatloaf on It's All Coming Back to Me Now. Meatloaf threw me off at first with that super-emotional starting, but all in all they reminded me of how great that song was. When Ryan announced it and I missed the performer's name I thought it would be Celine Dion and almost squealed in joy. Nah.

Carrie's Don't Forget to Remember Me was great vocal control. Like it even more with the simple accompaniment and the one girl doing the seconds. Made me really listen to the lyrics for once (sorry Had, even after you lent me the CD ^^0) and they were very moving words. Like the violin too -- this instrument when employed like that really shines, ya? Remember that violin sequence in To Love You More?

Clay Aiken was cute. Odd hairstyle but who am I to talk, and that made him cuter, so. Didn't really get to appreciate his vocals because of the impersonator but I'm not blaming him, I'm busy staring anyway. =D

Prince was... purple. But not as bad as Taylor's flaming jacket the other night, at least. And nice footwork. Still, can't really understand how he got two songs (and after the off introduction by Ryan, or was it just me?) when they only gave Taylor and Toni Braxton like, very short. Speaking of which, Toni Braxton's moves and face expressions... were they kind of odd too? But, impressive low voice she got there.

Taylor's new single was quite nice. Feels a bit too mellow for him. Is this the first season they're having different singles for the two grand-finalists? Yet they are still the same mellowy type of songs, as all singles in the past seasons seemed to be. Now it feels that last year it might've been a bit unfair that Bo had to sing the same softie song as Carrie.

Kath shone with Somewhere Over the Rainbow yesterday and still gave me goosebumps even hearing it the third time (watched the first one's encore too so that's twice), but today she was not as exciting. Love her still. Remind me to find her picture in that Greek-themed gown on the Idol site or elsewhere. So beautiful.


Dionne Warwick was divine. She sang like it was effortless. And, glad to see Mandisa again. Somebody should scout her if not already.

Like that song Chris sang with the band, Mystery. Thought the band vocalist was pretty good-looking too. *snicker* It's his legs. Maybe he should actually feel insulted since I only ever admire girls' legs, but I'm sure he doesn't even care about my opinion.

The Gold Idol thing was hilarious, they should have it again. A bit rehearsed (ref. the Oompa Loompas), but that's reasonably fine.

I was so noisy when watching the show. Alone. Feels a little lonely sometimes that none of my housemates share this obsession with me, but given my watching antiques maybe there is a positive side to it.

So next, Singapore Idol? =D Already I voted for Mr. Nong Nong Ago on Channel 5 website when I dropped by to check the programme guide the other day. This Idol phenomenon is doing funny things with my composure. *ahem*


No comments: