Thursday, May 04, 2006



Overtime


AI advertisement break, streamed off NUSCast in lab. ^__^

Just now, passed by my supervisors' doors on my way to the restroom (whops, too much information?) -- darkened doors, as expected. I remembered being rather bewildered in my first year of research, when I was struggling so much (and still do!) how most professors can cope with that much work (surely they have more projects going on than us students, right, and they still have courses to teach) while still managing to more or less follow the office hours. A fellow research student (sorry, forgot who) told me back then, "Yeah, that's why they have us to do all those work."

After two years with my sups now I know, it's because they also work at home. (Well yeah, not the case for everybody.) I've been receiving their emails at night and over the weekend and on public holidays. Of course now I've also taken to emailing them belated promised results at twelve-thirty past midnight. =D

So, back to the (simulated) TV. The AI top five was performing a song together. With a whole lot of backing choir members. So I suppose that harmony at the end is not from our finalists, huh? I'd like to see them trying a cappella some time (and four is quite a good number for that *hint hint*). Hady never likes AI finalists performing together in the last few seasons, saying that they were pretty much soloists on their own and their singing did not blend as choral singing was supposed to be. I thought this group might not be quite bad, though.

And yeah, I did miss the show for my rehearsal last night. What an episode to miss when I like all the remaining ones and they were singing two songs each, argh. (Black Horse and the Cherry Tree! And Home!) But I think by now most people can guess the trend of the voting results up to the finals, even without watching... ETCK, I'm guessing? Though I hope it'd be TCEK.

Codenamed just in case someone thinks this is a spoiler, though it certainly is not and if you care to read this you'd know what those letters stand for anyway, don't you. (So what's the point, you ask? ...Er, "[nonsense] doesn't have to have a point, that's why it's [nonsense]"*?)

* Admittedly, a bastardized line from Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


No comments: