Thursday, March 30, 2006



Strip


(click on the image to view the original size)

Above comic strip is courtesy of uComics (hope they don't mind). They do a rotation of Calvin and Hobbes and also feature the latest strips of quite a number of series, up to 14 days. I follow Foxtrot from there too.

Those are of course for entertainment purpose but I was pleasantly surprised at the occasional profound wisdom, like this one. And people who don't read much news like me* can sometimes find out the latest happenings from what mischief Jason Fox is currently up to.


* Language-freak rambling:
I wonder if it gets across correctly. Does "people who don't read much news like me" imply that I read much news or that I don't? Should I say "people who don't read much news like I don't"? =P





(8) Currently learning:

Celine Dion - I Know What Love Is

Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You [Friends]


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

couple of times I saw that people tend to place the phrase "like me" before the verb.
e.g People who, like me, don't read much news.
sounds less ambiguous, doesnt it.

[patrick]

vy said...

Woah, that's right. Thanks a lot! =)