Tuesday, March 07, 2006



Beautiful


It's so windy today, leaves are everywhere on the streets. Not that I'm complaining, because then it wasn't so hot when I walked, and they make a pretty view when they're falling. Kind of morbidly romantic, huh?

Stayed up late last night watching the 78th Academy Awards. Really glad Eka told me about Crash and got me to watch it with her last year -- I wonder why its publicity was so silent. I haven't watched most of the other nominees so I can't compare, but this movie does deserve the award if only for the concept it presents.

Relived my love for Pride and Prejudice too, and Keira Knightley. Stayed up even later googling her pictures. ^^ But then I found out she's been, ehm, baring a lot of skin (understatement), and that disappointed me a little (just a little), because I love Elizabeth Bennet, and I love Keira's portrayal of her, and since I haven't watched the other adaptations, hers is the face I associate with the character. And as her own person, I do love the way she laughs (the teeth-baring semi-grin), her expressions that look so free. I guess that's the thing about idols, I should just look at what's wonderful about her and not care much about the rest.


Keira Knightley (left) - photo courtesy of photoscelebrites.online.fr
Rachel Weisz (right) - photo courtesy of IMDb


Just realized who Rachel Weisz is. So beautiful, that lady! I think it must be the smile, since I don't remember being that mesmerized when I watched Constantine. I didn't know her at that time, but if I had thought she was beautiful I would have remembered (like I did with Zeta-Jones in Ocean's Twelve, but strangely I didn't find her memorable in other pictures).

Right, enough gushing. Or maybe to balance I'll talk a bit about the other gender... I sort of have a soft spot for Jake Gyllenhaal (what spelling) in Donnie Darko, and after watching that one, years after its release, I wondered where he'd been. So when I heard of Brokeback Mountain I was glad he's still around. (photo courtesy of IMDb)

Hm, I'm surprised at myself for talking this much about celebrities. =D I never knew much about the latest happenings and such, which is why you find me talking about them only now. That's probably going to change. And maybe in the next few days you'll find me blogging about American Idol. =D Till then.


1 comment:

Eka said...

Vy, kamu nggak bilang bikin blog, hahhaha. Check out kireira dan sampai lah di sini :P Si rachel itu ada di constantine? nggak nyadar dan nggak berasa cewek di constantine itu cakep :P Menyesal nggak nonton the constant gardener pas di Indo. Penasaran juga, walk the line sebagus apa, soalnya si reese bisa menang best actress.