Monday, March 20, 2006



Light


The more you feel down, the more you need to smile...

Today's not much of a feel-good day. First thing in the morning, spent a long time waiting for the bus (33 can be such a pain in the mornings) while I'm impatient to get to some unfinished work. Then spent the whole day chasing bugs in the aforementioned work. Went to lunch reluctantly, so got impatient some more queueing for food.

Then overheard a guy queueing in front of me mentioning to his friend that he went to Singapore Idol audition on Saturday; the friend was surprised, and the guy quickly clarified that it wasn't him [who auditioned], that he was just being a supporter. That made me grin. And my face felt much lighter. (Thanking them now in retrospect since of course it would be very freaky to actually thank them back then.)

When I went back to work after that I got a bit more relaxed, so chatted a bit and smiled some more and felt better in general. Should be grateful for friends. And for strangers too, as it proves out to be. Of course this method has an overhead on my work too, but Phil Collins (or his mother) says You Can't Hurry Love, so maybe You Can't Hurry Bugs either?

(Nah, that's just my excuse to slack.)


No comments: