Friday, January 19, 2007



No Idea For A Title


Just got two textbooks sold through BuyBack Asia. =) I'd put them up for sale before, without success, so I wasn't expecting much from this, and it came as a pleasant surprise. Sold them cheap considering the good condition (hardly touched afufufufu... and still got colour-pencil highlights woh... er, contradictive much?) Better than nothing lah. And again I didn't read the fineprint (couldn't find one, actually) that says 15% of the sale proceeds goes to them. But me never protest also la. =P

So, was still going around but hopefully not spreading the virus (see below post). I myself usually don't care much about being around people with flu (again, thinking I'm quite invincible) so I don't know if I should be more considerate and guai guai stay away from public exposure? A bit self-conscious if I remember the dark time of SARS some years ago, when just sneezing/coughing a bit would get everybody in the bus turning to glare at you. Hueheh.

Well yah, meetings for work are absolutely necessary anyway. Moreover when Sup likes to assume the worst about my work status. Can't blame him considering my record, but can't help feeling wronged either, sometimes. Those would be the times that I happened to truly have slacked less. Mwehehe. Maybe I should use the opportunity to train my ability to retaliate (<-- severely lacking). What would happen if I simply nodded serenely and agreed to the accusations, I wonder. =D ...Nah, he'd just scold me for real. Spite never does work, huh.

Ah, one more useless post. Huahah. Thanks for your concern over my previous post, people! ^_^ Paiseh, wasn't feeling all that bad really. More like discomfort. I would've expected more from a flu... wooh, touchwood. =D Take care too!


(8) Currently learning:

The Corrs & Bono - When the Stars Go Blue


1 comment:

Ashwin said...

I sold 2 of my books through BBA too. I was surprised when the cashier told me BBA was taking a cut of 15%. That's a pretty large pie of the sale and they've not mentioned it prominently anywhere in the promo materials! I don't think even the author of a book gets back 15% of the price of his book when it is sold!!!

Anyway, I also spent more than I got at BBA. I noticed that the Arts/Literature table at the sale had loads of classic/popular novels going for dirt cheap prices (S$5-10).