Sunday, January 07, 2007



Least Complicated


...I just sit up in the house and resist
And not be seen until I cease to exist
A kind of conscientious objection
A kind of dodging the draft

Boy and girl are holding hands on the street
I don't want to but I think you just wait
It's more than just eye to eye
Learn the things I could never apply

I remember the time when I came so close with you
I let everything go, it seemed the only truth
And I bought you that ring, it seemed the thing to do

What makes me think I can start clean-slated?
The hardest to learn was the least complicated

Oh, I'm just a mirror of a mirror of myself
All the things that I do
And the next time I fall, I'm gonna have to recall
It isn't love, it's only something new

I sit two stories above the street
It's awful quiet here since love fell asleep
There's life down below me though
Kids are walking home from school

And I remember the time when I came so close with you
Sent me skipping my class and running from school
And I bought you that ring cause I never was cool

What makes me think I can start clean-slated?
The hardest to learn was the least complicated

-- Indigo Girls, "Least Complicated"


No comments: