Friday, June 30, 2006



Nationalism... Not?


Both of the contestants I voted for in Sing Idol's Wildcard episode got through to Top 12 by audience's vote. Now that's what I call 60-cents-es well spent. ^__^

I'm surprised they weren't in by judges' choice; I kinda thought they were the better singers. Maybe I wouldn't have voted if I'd known they could get in by judges' choice (me ignorant about the rules lah). Then again maybe the judges thought the same, in reverse. Huaha. Wonder what would happen if their choices coincided with the votes?

First time voting for this season. I've wanted to wait until some Olinda comes to the surface, but Tuesday night I thought at least I wanted to see these people in the weeks to come. Haven't decided the direction for my loyalty though. From the Top 28 I've liked a few who's got nice personalities (as far as I can tell from the shows, eh) but wasn't charmed enough to vote, so. =P

I know some of my friends roll their eyes at the whole Idol phenomenon, music lover or no. I've come out of the closet many blogposts ago so if you're one of them, well... think anything you want but just keep being my friend? Huehuehue...

Now, there's a vast difference between AI and Sing Idol, and some friends who are okay with AI still sneer at Sing Idol's standard. I nod at that but somehow there's just a homely appeal in it, you know? The same way I found local shows like ABC DJ entertaining despite the often poor plots and rich Singlish*. And now that Phua Chu Kang is just before Sing Idol's result show I'm starting to watch it too. Now some more friends including fellow Idol enthusiasts will roll eyes at this. Ahem.

[Edit 07.07.06]
Found this Beng-speak video that I thought suited the occasion. Enjoy!


* My opinion! Don't flame, don't sue.


No comments: