Friday, June 02, 2006



Privacy


Was mulling over the itinerary for my U.S. trip on the bus this morning. A guy sitting behind me was leaning forward on his seat and I was half aware that he was reading over my shoulder, but hadn't expected him to suddenly excuse himself and ask what was that written on the paper.

By reflex I answered him honestly and he was about to continue the conversation; then a friend SMS-ed, so I was glad to get busy with my phone instead. Heard him asking, "You're studying in NUS right?" but I pretended not to hear and continued SMS-ing. Whether he thought I was just avoiding him (since my phone was silent) or he thought I was really busy with the phone, he didn't attempt any more conversation. Heh...

Felt like I shouldn't be that bothered, but I was. I mean, the reading over my shoulder part I don't mind, because I do that to other people too sometimes... in short glances of course. =P The getting friendly part I even welcome (usually) because I'm not the type to start conversations myself.

But the question, erm, a little privacy-offensive? If we had continued I might have found out that it was just a conversation starter, but at that time all I thought was "What the..." =D Just not my social moment probably. =P


No comments: