Friday, December 22, 2006



Don't Download This Song


Once in a while
maybe you will feel the urge
to break international copyright law...

Yep, it's Weird Al Yankovic. Caught that line while in HMV yesterday and, immediately relating to the lyrics, I stood watching the whole music video for a good laugh. Here's so you can have some too:
YouTube: Don't Download This Song

Lyrics can be found here, and some help from Wiki to understand a few references he makes.

And of course, I downloaded the song. Heh. But legally, mind you. The artist himself posts his songs for download on his website. Just find the link on the main page.

While I do practice what he says about "the record store's where you belong", my time in there is usually spent browsing and sampling only. =P Zard is still 72 dollars, sigh.

On the side, Indonesians will probably relate differently to the line about remembering a certain imprisoned "Tommy". =)


1 comment:

Denny said...

Hi Vivy,

Trims reference ke lagunya. Had quite a kick from it. It's a fun listening while ironing clothes, try it! :)

Also, whenever I think how superior I am compared to things I see (recurrent inflated ego syndrome), somehow I heard him singing "You're pitiful" :D

Thanks again and happy new year!