Tuesday, April 11, 2006



Papaya


Power food of the decade. =)

So the story is, I found a problem in my work this afternoon, something I've actually done a write-up and implementation and all, so it was like, 0_0. Skipped lunch and went to discuss it with my colleague and we came up with some possible hacks but all were pretty messy, so we dismissed them and decided to just change the assumption we were working on and avoid the problem.

Then I went for my belated lunch. And biting into a piece of papaya under a mini-tree, I thought of a solution. Well, still need to verify that, but that's not the point.

Okay, so the point is actually yet another story. Last year my former colleague and I were rushing for a deadline, and we were working into the evening. I was rather anxious about it and ready to skip dinner, but he insisted that we ate our meals first, and with some proper fruits. He bought each of us a piece of papaya, saying, "Eat papayas, it will energize you."

Turned out he liked papayas because where he came from papayas were not as delicious as how we had them here. No problem with me, I like papayas too. And that incident becomes my memorable moment with papayas.

And that's why I find it amusing that I should think of something while eating papaya. Maybe it is just a coincidence, maybe it is actually the whole meal, maybe it is the papaya. And that reminds me of a quote...

"Eat more [of the cakes], and you will be clever for a while, because of the sugar."
-- Shigure Okawahara, from the manga "Hana Yori Dango"

(after which Sakurako actually retorted, "You ate all the brain food, and that's the best you could come up with?" ^_^0)
Maybe it is the sugar, after all. But don't hold me to it.


No comments: