Tuesday, April 01, 2008



Life in the Art Lane


I'm going to watch The Pillowman tonight. First real live event that I decided to buy a ticket for all by myself, so somehow I feel like it's something I need to be prepared for, XD which I'm not. Hmmm. Maybe I should've been more persuasive in asking my friends to watch with me, but I was in the never-mind, chop-chop-settle kinda mood. =P

Got myself a Kobukuro last weekend. Somebody should be proud of me for supporting the music industry for once. XD I knew they wouldn't disappoint (furthermore it's their All Singles Best), but part of the reason for that impulsive purchase was my excitement at knowing that their fame had apparently reached Singapore too -- wouldn't be surprised if it were in Kinokuniya, but I've found the CD in the Popular bookshop, see.

If anything, my one tiny purchase should encourage Warner Music Singapore to import more of their stuff, no? (On second thought, maybe it just helps that Kobukuro is currently signed under Warner Music Japan?) Their edition comes with Chinese translation of the song lyrics and footnotes in the album, too, so that in addition to 20 songs (16 of which I didn't have at time of purchase) in two discs at 19 dollars minus 5 cents are quite worth it, at least when balanced against my growing obsession, heh.

Two of the songs in the album I've posted some time back, so I won't post more here. Instead, here is a song "Kobukuro's smaller one" wrote for Natsukawa Rimi, another great singer whose CDs I've been buying (that's saying a lot if you know me). Please bear with the precluding talks -- there are cleaner videos out there, but I like this version because the songwriter performed with her and sang the harmony here.


夏川りみ & 小渕健太郎 「 さようなら ありがとう ~天の風 (アマノカゼ) ~ 」
Natsukawa Rimi & Kobuchi Kentarou "Sayounara Arigatou ~Ama no Kaze~" (Live Duet)


No comments: