Thursday, December 27, 2007



J-Tunes


In the spirit of firefly's YouTube posts which have benefited me greatly, I decide to start recommending songs here too. ^_^

(Since I'm still on J-fever, the recommendations this time round will be tuned accordingly.)

This one is pretty ancient, as it came to me through a long and winding backwards road, which I might feel like writing about some other time. The catchy theme song from Nobuta o Produce, sung by the two male leads, with the PV full of prancing boys -- but the mass dance effect was probably forgivable when it came to the stage-crossing flips that were kinda cool.


修二と彰 - 青春アミーゴ
Shuuji to Akira - Seishun AMIIGO (Friend from Youth Days)




Kobukuro... where have I been all this while not to have discovered them sooner? Beautiful songs. Beautiful harmony. And really good vocals. (I know PVs don't prove much, so go check out their live performances on YouTube if you are curious.) I certainly don't mind the pretty sing/dance/act visual-oriented idols that this country manufactures nowadays (see reco #1), but this, now, is the kind of music that touches.


コブクロ - ここにしか咲かない花
Kobukuro - Koko ni Shika Sakanai Hana (The Flower that Only Blooms Here)




コブクロ - 桜
Kobukuro - Sakura


No comments: