Saturday, April 05, 2008



Classic


桑田佳祐「明日晴れるかな」
Kuwata Keisuke "Ashita Hareru ka na"



I am partial to deep voice. ^_^ The rockish quality caught my attention immediately upon hearing it on someone's blog, and the fact that his English pronunciation actually sounded fine in my ears. To top it off, this is one really nice song.

During the hunt, found out that it is also the theme song of PROPOSE Daisakusen, apparently quite a popular drama (seen it on display in TS), no doubt because it stars Yamashita Tomohisa. I'm not enticed to watch it yet since the theme looks set towards a very slow pace... but if it is as emotional as people said, then this theme song is definitely appropriate.

The hunt also led to the band of which Kuwata-san is vocalist, and uncovered another great song below.


Southern All Stars TSUNAMI



Finally, while wading through older Japanese songs, I was surprised to find that some Chinese songs that I liked were actually ripped from them. Gah! Well, to be fair, I don't know for sure if for all cases it is not the other way round; I only deduced from the fact that most of them do cite the Japanese composers.

I'm quite accepting of the ones by Joi Cai since I knew that beforehand, and I'm actually glad she did 依恋 because I have no way of finding the French(?) original. The 后来 -- 未来へ (Mirai e) connection was quite well known too; but these pretty classic ones left me feeling a bit... cheated. ^^0

Anyway, here's a list of those I found recently. I'm quite prepared to find more match in the future. At least they did bring the nice tunes to a wider world, in some cases also giving them a more mainstream feel... so I won't complain.


My Love ( 许志安 )
-- 白い恋人達 / Shiroi Koibito-tachi ( 桑田佳祐 / Kuwata Keisuke)

每天爱你多一些 ( 张学友 )
-- 真夏の果実 / Manatsu no Kajitsu (Southern All Stars)

今生註定 ( 高明骏 & 王馨平 ) ( 石欣卉 & ? )
-- 世界中の誰よりきっと / Sekaijuu no Dare Yori Kitto (WANDS)

风中的承诺 ( 李翊君 )
-- 夕焼けの歌 / Yuuyake no Uta ( 近藤真彥 / Kondou Masahiko)


No comments: