Monday, August 07, 2006



Pet Peeve


Somehow, I'm particularly irritated by small gestures of un-thoughtfulness:

- people who walk side by side on the pavement and do not bother giving way to pedestrians going on the opposite direction

- people who stand head-on at MRT doors and walk right in as it opens, so alighting passengers have to bump into them

- people who proceed to lean their whole backs on MRT poles without noticing/caring that there are fingers holding on to the poles (and in a moment of nastiness made me want to poke my nails into them, if only I had long nails and if these people looked clean enough =P)

I quite wonder about this myself. I mean, there are supposedly larger things I should have gotten irritated at but do not, so why am I so particular about these? Maybe because I was here when the government started off the courtesy campaign with all the posters starring Jack Neo in buses and MRTs some years ago? =P Hopefully I do not subconsciously do these things myself sometimes, ha.


2 comments:

Matt said...

we have a narrow footpath on a brigde, people dont move out of my way, so i walk on the road. i could die, but they dont care! definately a 'pet peeve'.

Ashwin said...

Oh, don't even get me started about the MRT door rushers! I hate 'em all. Especially the ones who stand exactly in the middle and rush head-on into the people struggling to come out.

Also, people who walk very slowly on narrow pavements irk me a lot. I'm forced to slow down to their glacial pace and it irritates me :-)