Sunday, August 20, 2006



Local Potato


Lost the steam to scream about Mathilda's exit from Singapore Idol (having let out some in Eka's place) so this line is all I'm going to say about it. =P I wonder if they purposedly put the three best singers in the unsafe group each time? Getting old lah.

Aside from that, I'm getting more and more addicted to local shows, how dangerous. 0_0 Already rooting fervently for the yet-to-be couple in Channel 8 9pm drama. Then caught the ad for the 7pm one, "Eh, isn't that the guy who played Youfu? (Got very kind face.)" so I've been watching the first few episodes faithfully too, though I'll be skipping some for other appointments in the future. Bad for me that these are shown five days a week, so that's taking really much time, and even cause me withdrawal symptoms over the weekend sometimes... Well, ABC DJ is over, but in its place I've taken a liking to Maggi & Me, so. My current practice is to skip the blah-blah parts of Singapore Idol to reduce exposure to TV screen radiation (read: guilt).

...Right. Moving on...

I had a lot of rest this weekend, and that puts me in a "soft" mood, so here's a sweet verse from my Winamp "soft" mix. Originally by Ron Sexsmith, this song is covered by k.d. lang in her album "Hymns of the 49th Parallel" (very recommended).

The leaves have lost hold
of the branches as always,
which leaves us with gold-
and wine-coloured pathways.
In the same way I
In the same way I've fallen for you.

-- "Fallen"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's always healthy not to root for any singer in this Idol thingy. It's not a singing competition to begin with, it's not even about number of fans. It's an SMS competition. =D

So imho, unless their system mess with number of vote, anyone who stays, whoever he/she is, deserve to stay.

vy said...

Hahah, SMS competition, how true. I guess my one vote isn't going to count much ne? (Not gonna spend more than that, anyway.) But I still do it for token support. =P

That said, I watch this show mostly for enjoyment, so if the good singers are gone, then there's no point watching anymore.

I agree that this is not a singing competition despite what the judges plead. Not gonna happen unless the local audience learn to be credible vocal judges, or they change the competition rules.

Hah, me being so "ke khiang" (know-it-all) here. =P