Saturday, December 12, 2009



Days of Leisure


Back from a two-day cruise trip. =) Star Cruises to Malacca/KL, with sis and bro-in-law. As what would usually be called a 'getaway', but I went more for the experience rather than the need for escape, since I think I enjoy my routine life all right, ahaha.

So, obligatory trip photos and accompanying rambling...


Well, first of all, our cabin door, though this photo was taken just before checking out. =D I like the green color of it (hence the photo; not for any 4D adventures), but it's not coming out right in this photo because of the lighting right above it. =|

Didn't spend much waking hours in there of course, but since the TV had a Japanese channel, NHK, I tuned in for a while to see if I see anyone I know. =)P


We tried to catch the sunrise on the first day, but the clouds were so thick we didn't really see much. Still, I think the clumpy pinkish clouds were 'cute', and the sky-horizon-sea view was one of the best highlights of the trip to me.


We missed the timing on the second day, but at least still not too late to see this beautiful view:


So delighted was I, that I asked to be photographed with it (the only one with my face you're going to see on this page lol)...


...and proceeded to take the pictures of the sun rays falling on various objects...



That last one also showed the jacuzzi, which we specifically planned for using. =D Sounds a bit kampung (sepok) huh. LOL.


Water slide, and yes, I did get on it. =D; Was of course "don't want, scary, can't swim" on the first day when my bro-in-law braced the long queue for it twice, but the next day he managed to convince all of us that it was definitely safe. Well, since we were already in our swim wear after the jacuzzi, after ascertaining the harmlessness of the water trap at the end of the ride, we finally went.


Luckily we listened to him, because it was wonderful to be sliding through the view of open sky at those parts. =D; Well, this morning I found out there was also a water slide beside the Jurong West Sport and Recreation Centre, which should be more accessible than the cruise. =)


More things by the pool side. These made me think of R2-D2 so they got a camera share. =D


Also thought that looked scientific, even if the reflection on the glass cover was a bit distracting. You could see my camera-holding hands reflected on it too, ahaha.


If you've seen my excessive photographing of the sky before, hopefully this won't seem too random. I thought the wave patterns were pretty...


...and pretty thought-provoking, too. Seeing the white bubbles race forward and then disappear, it was like a reminder of: 'Life is transient, so how far can you go before it ends?'

The land of destination was Malaysia, where we only spent 3 hours. Shopping, of course. >:D No pictures from the mall since we were pretty much in a rush, lol.


So, how different was Malaysian sky? Maybe not much difference, but it felt 'gentler' to me somehow. As in, the blue is of a lighter shade, so less contrast with the clouds' white.


Nearing dusk, adorned with the sudden gush of birds...


The best highlight of the trip was unfortunately something I couldn't take a picture of. At night, out at sea, the sky was a darker dark, and the stars seemed so near. Felt like I was face to face with Orion (which gave me the urge to sing that Nakashima Mika song to it everytime, lol), and I wished I had studied more of the constellation map to recognize those around it. Three-quarters of that dream fulfilled now...? (Yeah, I'm easy.)

At one time I was standing at the darker side of the ship, facing the part of the sky that had no visible stars. Before that I had thought it would be nice to have an undisturbed view of the sky, but at that time it actually felt a little scary to be looking at the pitch black without any 'grounding' object at the corner of my eyes.

Anyway... since my camera couldn't capture those, I took photos of the night lights and their gorgeous reflection on water instead...


On our last night onboard, they held a 'farewell party' with chocolate buffet (if only we had more stomach space after all the buffet dining throughout the day!) and a cool band performance. They captured my attention with an impressive Christmas medley a cappela, and performed some swing-y songs I didn't recognize but happily swayed along to anyway.


Remember the R2-D2 from before? Those turned out to be light projectors for this stage. =D


This photo was taken from a weird angle as I was actually starting to leave already, thinking it was getting late. But halfway to the cabin they stayed my feet with the catchy 'Summer of 69', followed by other rock classics, and even slipped in that famous 'Nobody'. xD


The trail we blaze left as we were nearing Singapore.


And a last picture of the sky, just because. >:D

More photos on the Facebook album here. In the past I'd make a page on my website for easier organization, but I won't have access to it for much longer, so I'm withdrawing little by little. =P


7 comments:

phoenix chix said...

yoo vyy.. is that star cruise virgo?
how do you book this cruise ya?
and btw.. got any interesting promotion/package you could recommend? :D

uda kaya nanya travel agent aja haha

vy said...

Huehue. Iya Star Cruise Virgo. My sis yg book sih, katanya can reserve via phone but next day must confirm and pay, jadi kali sama juga kalo langsung ke sana ya, unless mau tanya2 dulu.

Kami ini dapat diskon dari McD monopoly prize itu seh xD jadi aku dulu ga bother browsing package2nya hihi. Kali bisa liat di websitenya.

Jing Yan said...

so funny~~I want to Singapore~~haha. I found I cannot understand other two comments, are they not in English?o(∩_∩)o

vy said...

Hi Jing, yeah those are in Indonesian. xD Do come to Singapore when you get a chance! I'll be happy to take you around. ^__^

Unknown said...

So nice of you:) I also hope to see you at some time~~~~all the best in your life, keep in touch
o(∩_∩)o

air fare promos in Singapore said...

your pictures simply shows how you enjoyed your trip huh. and the photos alone could really tell how good the entire trip was :)

Tours package said...

it's so cooooool to have someone blog about a cruise experience!