Wednesday, September 23, 2009



Stalking Cinema 2009


Went to watch The Proposal yesterday. All for Sandra Bullock, lol. It's entertaining. Not fantastic, but that was expected. Watched it alone, and I realized I've been too used to watching things on my computer, because I commented to myself and physically reacted to the movie as though I were in my own room. ^^;;;

Saw the trailer of The Blue Mansion, which has Adrian Pang and Swee Lin + Kay Siu, among others. Immediately had my eyes set on it! =D The narration in the trailer (see website) has that humorous-thriller Desperate Housewives feel (um, based on what I remember of that series, having watched, like, one or two episodes ^^0) and I think the plot development would be interesting.

...Then, that reminded me of another trailer that really impressed me a while back:


十月围城 (Bodyguards and Assassins)

I went through a few versions to find the exact one I meant (as above) =D; because at that time the powerfulness of the sequence really captured me -- particularly around 0:58 onwards. But teasers aside, I'm not quite into the genre so I'm not planning to watch it, but maybe we'll see. Big-name cast, big budget and all, and I have a soft spot for Donnie Yen, though that hasn't stopped me from missing many of his movies, ahaha...

Also saw the trailer for 余命1ヶ月の花嫁 (Yomei Ikkagetsu no Hanayome / April Bride) starring Eikura Nana and Eita. The original title literally translates to "Bride with a Month to Live" so the story is obvious enough. Ah well... I like both leads, but there have been many tear-jerker movies from this country, and this movie doesn't seem to have anything new. But I am still quite touched by the very first dialogue (see website for trailer):
Taro: What do you do from day to day?
Chie: (ponders awhile) Live.
So somewhere at the corner of my mind there is a tiny bit of expectation that it may have something different. Hm. =)

So far those are the ones that caught my eye from the theaters... As for TV series, I have made the mistake of starting on Orthros no Inu while it is still on-going, so now I'm quite impatient waiting for the next episode sub to be out. xP It is intriguing and has good moral points in my opinion, though I guess stalking-wise I should go for Mizukawa Asami's variety shows more than her dramas because while she is an okay actress, she is really so much more interesting in real life. ❤ Experience it here if hopefully you can be bothered to, and maybe I can drag you down this fandom hole. =)P


2 comments:

phoenix chix said...

the inu dorama looks interesting ^^

will try to watch it hoho

vy said...

Yep yep. ^__^ Eye-candy-wise there are more guys than girls though, xD but Asami-chan alone is enough ahahah.