Monday, August 10, 2009



When Houses Fly


Just went to watch UP with Eka. The movie went way beyond our expectation. Indeed Walt Disney + Pixar rarely disappoints?

Just the superb storytelling is enough to make me recommend this. Everything clicks together with no wasted reference. In the first 15 minutes it has managed to tell the whole background and got us emotionally invested in the characters.

I think this deserves a lot of merit especially after my recent experience with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. =P Well, it's surely a different level of complexity looking at the thickness of the later books in the series, but then it at least needs more hours to it... which I guess can be afforded considering how big the hype and the fandom are...? =PP

But back to UP. The usual bonus of Pixar's no-dialogue short story is insightfully creative as usual. (Someone has to be in charge of the unpleasant stuff after all...) Did I once think that the animation world was falling into cliches? I suppose this has just rekindled my faith in its unbounded future.


No comments: