Thursday, February 12, 2009



あの頃の未来に...


SMAP's 1998 single that has made its way to some Japanese textbooks -- Suga Shikao who wrote the lyrics did an acoustic version in his 2001 album. firefly & co also sang this song in our Batch 5 performance night back in 2000. =)

For such a soothing melody, the words agitate my heart so. The quiet restlessness as we wander through life, I suppose I'm kinda relating to it right now...


スガシカオ x ユイ - 『夜空ノムコウ』
Suga Shikao x Yui - "Yozora no Mukou" (Live on Our Music 2005.12.02)




Beyond the Night Sky


Have we come to believe in something since then, I wonder...
Beyond the night sky, tomorrow is already waiting


Hearing someone's voice, we hid ourselves
Beyond the park fence, the night wind was blowing

The way your hand returned my grasp, as if you were trying to tell me something
That gesture squeezes a soft place in my heart even now

Have we come to believe in something since then, I wonder...
As I open the window softly, I can smell the winter wind

Is sadness something that will someday disappear, I wonder...
My sighs leave just a slight trace of white, then soon disappear


Even when I start to walk, I hesitate with each step
But I've thought that I could crush the worthless common sense

The words I spoke to you, how much of them remain?
In the deepest part of my heart, the fruitless efforts continue

Are we standing in the future of that time, I wonder...
It seems like nothing is going quite as well as we had hoped

Will these days go on like this forever, I wonder...
The cloudless starry sky continues beyond the window

Have we come to believe in something since then, I wonder...
Beyond the night sky, already tomorrow is waiting

---

Lyrics translation is adapted from kiwi-musume.


No comments: