Monday, May 19, 2008



Gift Untreasured


Happy Vesak Day.

The celebration was great today. Such wonderful coincidences, or in our terms, good karma. Collective good karma. I hope someone else would blog about it in more details, because I don't feel like expressing it in words this time.

The point of fellowship is spiritual growth, but I've really been sticking around for pure personal enjoyment. My cup is often full when I attend talks and the like. Still some points hit through my thick mind-cloud once in a while. I with my loads of attachment may forget them afterwards, but the moment they strike is a truly uplifting experience.

I wonder if there are others like me, loitering around in the proverbial Heaven, and knowing it, but not making full use of the opportunity, passing the days being contented with how things are? I wonder if it's probably fine not to urge ourselves to sip the heavenly nectar, and just be occasionally touched by the wandering butterflies?


No comments: