Monday, November 26, 2007



Bersahaja


There are songs that are extremely moving in their intricateness, like this one:

Klakustik - Tak Bisa Ke Lain Hati


And then there are those that are beautiful in the simplicity of the tunes. Letto to me is latter case, judging from their two albums so far.

From their latest album, aside from this one I don't care much for the other songs (which probably reflect more of their actual style?).

Letto - Sebelum Cahaya


The style and the guitar solo interlude is reminiscent of my favourite hit from their first album:

Letto - Ruang Rindu


(The female backing vocals in 'Sebelum Cahaya' also reminded me a little of Samson's 'Kenangan Terindah', but not nearly as powerfully employed.)

I've since had more favourites from that first album, so maybe given some time I'll grow to like some of the rest. Do have a try yourself. Anyway, I have too limited exposure to Indonesian songs, and even more outdated than Eka, to be sufficiently analytical about this. =)


No comments: