Thursday, October 28, 2010



Before We Can See the Sky


I really should have stalked her better. Not only so that I wouldn't discover these beautiful things so late, but also so that I can perhaps start saying what I've been hearing people say about k.d. lang: "This woman can do no wrong." =D


Katie Melua - Blowing in the Wind (Bob Dylan cover, live)




There have been many renditions of this song but the only one I've heard before this is Peter, Paul and Mary's acoustic version (at the time when I haven't known what the lyrics meant yet). While I like this one for its own style, the comparison just added on to my marvel at the dynamics in Katie's rendition.

On the topic of seeing the sky... 
Welcome back, my beloved clouds, colours of sunset, glimpses of stars.
心配していた--
また会えて良かった。


2 comments:

Lyn said...

I absolutely love this rendition (even tho I am an avid fan of the original as well). I am not sure if you have heard of Eva Cassidy or not ... she passed awayfrom cancer but she had the voice of an angel; she really reached her fame after her death.

Love your blog.
L

vy said...

Hi Lyn, thanks for dropping by!

Ah, Eva Cassidy, I do know some of her songs. I think I first noticed her from Katie Melua's tribute song to her, and their "What A Wonderful World" posthumous duet -- such an amazing rendition too.