Friday, December 19, 2008



Excuse Me While I Kiss the Sky


Contemplating my fandom of these past months, the intensity of which is starting to frighten myself... and somehow reminded of this line.

"Don't come into my world. I can't see any exit from this love."
-- Makino Tsukushi, "Hana Yori Dango" (vol. 28)

Oh, I can see the exit alright, but I am not walking towards it. Let it come when it comes. ;P

That volume number sure looks intimidating to me now. Back in high school with considerably less entertainment sources we did follow these series to their tiresome ends, eh. In later years the variety became so overwhelming that I'd read a lot of popular, long-running manga way after the final volumes were published-- the complete series at once, over three or four consecutive nights, surviving the days on three or four hours of sleep..

Well, I do more or less the same thing for J-dramas and J-varieties these days. So now you see the exit I mentioned before, eh. The king is dead, long live the king.

Feels a bit like coming out of the closet to say this, =D but surely I'm not the only one who get high on these emotion stimulants like music and well-crafted fictions and whatever addictive substance Japanese [or insert your preferred genre] entertainment is made of?

Though yeah, we are also constantly wary of them swallowing our 'real life'. Of us forgetting how to drop it all at once in the face of 'real' priorities. Rapture comes only with an extent of obsession, I guess?

Ah, adrenalin, what a blessing, what a curse.


* About the title


No comments: