Tuesday, June 17, 2008



Relics


If I wanted to be sentimental about it,
this song would remind me of you--
     one
     of the many that you like,
heard on the drive out of town
away from you for a while.

It's been a while since I liked it
     enough to play on repeat;
it's been a while since my crush on you.

The emotion forgets, but the mind retains
     the thoughts of you, as too
the lyrics to this tune.


If I wanted to be sentimental about it,
this song would remind me of you--
     one I've heard you sing
     so often I know the chorus by heart,
that though not my own favorite
I didn't change the channel.

In our world rich of music
too many songs spell your existence to me
that you'd think they would have lost the meaning, but

     the way this addiction worms under my skin
     I think I don't have to worry
     that I'll ever forget what you've meant to me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

begitu banyak lagu yang membawa kita ke kenangan akan seseorang. hmmm.. masih bingung mau naro puisi ini full in my blog.. atau sedikit dikupas. but still, beautiful poem!